Thanks to Dr Rex for nominating me for the brand new: NOT FEATURED ON FRESHLY PRESSED
This wonderful award, for those of us not in the “blessed” 1% on the Freshly Presssed list was created by DonCharisma. Here is what he has to say about it:
This is a new award “freshly pressed” today. No one else has these badges on their blog, so it’s EXCLUSIVE to DonCharisma.org.
The idea is entirely my own, I created the award because I’m not on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed (FP) and probably 99.99% of other bloggers aren’t either. Seems some are envious that they aren’t on FP, others couldn’t care less about FP. It’s seen as an elite accolade in WordPress circles, if you’re on it, you’re at the top table, you’ve made it, you’re in the VIP, “THE” clique. Others will certainly get on their hands and knees and pay homage to you, you clever so and so. Or NOT as the case may be.
To get “made” (reminds me of Goodfellas) as a “Freshly Pressed” blog, your post and blog have to pass human editors. I’m guessing their equation includes a fairly stringent politically correctness checks, moral decency checks and a popularity gauge. Viral posts will have more chance of getting onto FP. And of course there are some special sauce ingredients – I don’t know what they are, could be masonic handshakes or bizarre initiation ceremonies involving donkeys, for all I know.
Either way most of us won’t ever get on “Freshly Pressed”, so I’ve created this award for a little bit of fun, mostly.
I’ve freshly pressed you a new badge, well four in fact so you can choose, yay. They aren’t available anywhere else, so get them whilst they’re freshly pressed.
If you don’t accept Awards then please pass on to someone else who may like it or just know it’s the thought that counts.
Directions for you to accept the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award”
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award”.
2. Write a blog post and tell us the blog(s) you have chosen – there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3. Include in your blog post a paragraph about why you’d like to be on WordPress’ Freshly Pressed OR a paragraph on why you couldn’t care less about Freshly Pressed. Up to you …..
4. Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them – (please don’t alter the instructions or the badge!)
5. Come over and say hello to the originator of the “The I’m NOT Featured On Freshly Pressed Award” via this link: http://DonCharisma.org/2014/01/01/the-im-not-featured-on-freshly-pressed-award
6. And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award, and then PROUDLY display the award on your blog.
7. If you ever do get officially “Freshly Pressed” then take down this award badge and display the official “Freshly Pressed” badge instead.
This award is meant to be Fun and somewhat irrerevernt and I love it for that reason (as I consider myself to be fun and somewhat irreverant!).
I actually would like to be on Freshly Pressed, one day, because it’s an acknowledgement by WordPress’s administrators that my blog is what I meant it to be: compelling, interesting and relevant. It also would be a way to get my message of Peace, Creativity, Women’s Issues, Justice and Tolerance to a potentially new and wider audience, which is important to me not for egoistic reasons, but because I want to be able to help people and to help make the world a better place, and I have hopes that my blog can help to do that.
My nominees are:
- Valentine Logar
- Crowing Crone Joss
- Pat Cegan
- Jackie Saulmon-Ramirez