This sounds like heaven. But I did make homemade pepperoni bread today.
A big mug of freshly brewed coffee and a couple scoops of eggnog ice cream dressed up with shaved nutmeg: Bring it on, Winter!
This ice cream is divine.
Rich Eggnog Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 8 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Heat cream and milk in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves and heat until mixture almost boils, about 5 – 8 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, using a heat diffuser if necessary.
- Meanwhile, beat yolks and sugar until the mixture is light yellow and smooth.
- Add 4 tbsp of hot cream mixture to egg mixture and stir until combined. This will temper the eggs.
- Slowly add warmed yolk mixture to warm cream. Stir continuously in order to not cook/curdle eggs.
- Cook entire mixture…
View original post 59 more words