This is what I posted about before. Hugs, Barbara
Well, this could be conspiracies or real? Which do you think is correct?
Well this a news story of a different type and better than the rest of the news today. The map is ver good. Hugs, Barbara
A new award has been created by Coach @ http://goodtimestories.wordpress.com/
It’s called “The Lighthouse Award” ……
~~created for “a blog that brings light to a dark world”~~
And the wonderful Dr. Rex has nominated me for this award, calling me a beacon of light. I’m not sure I deserve such high praise, but I greatly appreciate it and am humbled by the nomination.
A lighthouse is a beacon of light, a guiding light ….. to be considered and compared to this is humbling and brings with it much responsibility, obligation and accountability. I will try my best to live up to this honor with integrity and veracity.
“A lighthouse is a tower, building, or other type of structure designed to emit light from a system of lamps and lenses and used as an aid to navigation for maritime pilots at sea or on inland waterways.
Lighthouses mark dangerous coastlines, hazardous shoals, reefs, safe entries to harbors, and can also assist in aerial navigation. Once widely used, the number of operational lighthouses has declined due to the expense of maintenance and replacement by modern electronic navigational systems.”
Be the Lighthouse – Poem
Some days the road is lit and the way is easy, other days the path is dark and the going rough. Fear no darkness, be the lighthouse.The storm will come and there’ll be no shelter, stand tall and let your light shine. Be the lighthouse.It is said that which doesn’t destroy you can only make you stronger, free your mind and choose to be the lighthouse.One thought can change the entire universe.
Peace or war? Love or hate? Who’s right and who’s wrong? Who owns this or that bit of dirt? Be the lighthouse and everything will sort itself out just fine.
Many will become lost, be the lighthouse and help them find their way.
Wherever you’re going, you’re getting there. Your path is already before your feet, be the lighthouse, carry the water and bring your light to the places where there are none.
Tune in to your inner vibration and become millions of voices that carry out across all time and space, be that beacon of hope for those who have none. Be the lighthouse and help them find their way home, be the light to guide their way on.
They’re out there, right now, looking for you.
As it gets darker, shine brighter, be the lighthouse, become the eternal light… Be the lighthouse.
- Display the Award certificate on your blog.
- Write a post and link back to the blogger that nominated you.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations
- Share three ways that you like to help other people.
- There is no limit to the number of people that you can nominate.
- HAVE FUN!!!
My nominees for this award, because I think they emit light through their blogs and writing and serve as an aid to navigation through the darkness and difficulties that life throws our way are:
I am doing something I have never have done before. But it is a bad day for news. I have to explain what I am feeling.
1. An American Jihadist got into a car bomb and was in the process of driving it into the Wichita Airport. A wonderful FBI agent somehow got suspicious. I didn’t hear anything about the FBI agent but I feel we owe him a debt of gratitude. Thank you for saving all of the lives that would have probably been killed. Thank you for your bravery.
2. We had another school shooting today. Another one in Colorado. A young man went into the school asking for a particular teacher. They got the teacher out. He shot two students and then shot himself to death. My heart breaks for the families and the teacher who must be feeling horrible. I feel terrible for the family of the shooter. How do you handle knowing that your child was able to plan and carry something like this out? It has been fourteen years since the first school shooting. Fourteen years of nightmares because we do not help people with mental health problems. Fourteen years because parents leave guns lying around. Fourteen years of kids not knowing how to handle their emotions, playing violent computer games and living with bullying, hatred and violence surrounding them.
3. My oldest daughter is a special education teacher in the South, in one of the public schools, a kindergartner brought a high powered handgun to school today. If people have guns why do they not have gun safes? How could this child’s parents leave this gun around the house where the child could get this? I believe this is neglect and parents who leave guns lying around should be charged with neglect. It is neglect and they are responsible, not a five year old.
4. A sixteen year old boy was with his friends in his car, speeding and hit another car. His alcohol levels were three times the legal limit. He also had Valium in his system. He hit the other car and killed a whole family. Then, he fled the scene. Luckily there were witnesses. But a judge has determined that he was too rich to understand the consequences. No, I am not kidding. He will serve no jail time. His parents get to put him in a $450,000 rehab facility instead. Is this judge crazy? I think so. I don’t know how rich people raise their children but they have a responsibility to teach them right from wrong.
5. My three oldest grandchildren have been in a school lockdown multiple times. I am grateful that there was no shooting despite guns being present. Another of my grandsons who lives here in a suburb of Cleveland isin first grade and today was their first practice going into lockdown. I am glad they are practicing but it is a horror that it is necessary.
6. And the Republicans do not want to extend unemployment benefits. They are worried about a huge resurgence of the “Welfare Queen.” We just had the worst depression since 1929. These people aren’t lazy, our economy is still healing. Letting these families starve, loose cars and homes really shows how Compassionate Republicans are. Shame on you. Two weeks before the most important Christian holiday, a holiday full of love and kindness of spirit, and this is their response. I think hypocrisy is ugly and we need to be authentic instead of judgmental.
I grew up in the fifties and I am an old hippie. I never had to worry about anything when I was in school except for grades and tests. I walked a mile each way and was never in danger. So me and my arm full of books and my viola made the walk twice a day in perfect safety. I would never let a child do that today. It isn’t safe. School shootings, human trafficking and pedophiles have turned childhood into a possible horror show. I want young people to know life in America wasn’t always like this. There was a completely different energy in America when I grew up. It seems that no one cares anymore what kind of world we are making our children live in.
I do, and I believe my readers do, too. We need to do something — write your Congressman or Senator, talk to your friends and neighbors, support responsibility. And mostly, love the children. All the children, of any race, creed, color, regardless of who their parents are, or if they have both parents, or one parent, traditional parents or otherwise. All children deserve love, and we owe it to them to love them all.
This hate and intolerance is not the America that our Founding Fathers dreamt of and fought for
Goddesses have always represented the feminine aspect of God. The Buddhist goddess Kuan Yin is the goddess of compassion. Compassion is the ability to relate to others emotions. It is having the empathy to care about what is happening in the lives for other people. In the twenty first century, we have a very noticeable lack of compassion. Compassion is part of the path to peace. So while we are talking and advocating for peace, we must also all practice compassion.
” You sit down on a hill top, or anywhere high-enough for you
to see nothing, but the sky, in front of your eyes.
With your mind you make everything empty.
There’s nothing there, you say.
And you see it like that—-nothing
Then you say, AH,
But there is something.
Look, there’s the sea,
and the MOON has risen—
full, round, white.
And you see it like that—
Sea, silver in the moon light,
With little white, topped waves. And in the
Blue Black sky above
Hangs a great moon Bright,
But not dazzling,
A soft brightness you might say.
You stare at the moon a long,
Long time, feeling calm, happy.
Then the moon gets smaller,
But brighter and brighter and brighter till you see it as a
Pearl, or a seed, but so bright
You can only just bear to look at it. The Pearl
starts to grow. And before you know what’s happened it’s
Kuan Yin herself, standing up against the sky
All dressed in gleaming white
And with her feet resting on a lotus
That floats in the waves.
You see her
Once you know how to do it
As clearly as I see you,
And there’s a halo
Round her head
She smiles at you
Such a lovely smile. She’s so glad
To see you that tears of happiness sparkle
In her eyes.
If you keep your mind calm,
By just whispering her name
and not trying too hard
She will stay a long
When she does go
It’s by getting smaller.
She doesn’t go back to being a pearl
But just gets so small
That at last you can’t see her. Then you notice
That the sky and sea
Have vanished too
Just Space is left.
Lovely, Lovely, Space. going on forever.
That Space stays long
If you can do without you. Not you and space, you see
—-by a Cantonese Woman
Outstanding blog Joss
This is wonderful . I love all the lyrics. That was our “day”. These need to be shared.
(Please click to enlarge so you can view the mountains of the Moon).
Oh, I’m being followed by a moonshadow…leaping and hopping in a moonshadow~ Cat Stevens
Nights in white satin,
Never reaching the end,
Beauty I’d always missed
With these eyes before,
Just what the truth is
I can’t say anymore ~ Moody Blues
Three things cannot be hidden, the sun, the moon and the truth~ Buddha
The sun, the moon, and the stars would have disappeared long ago…if they’d happened to be within the reach of predatory human hands~ Havelock Ellis
The moon does not fight. It attacks no one. It does not worry. It does not try to crush others. It keeps to its course, but by its very nature, it gently influences. What other body could pull an entire ocean from shore to shore? The moon is faithful to its nature and its power is undiminished~…
View original post 80 more words