“Community Heart Award” for Bloggers Who Care

communityHeart Award

My dear and treasured friend Dr. Rex has nominated me for this wonderful award, about whichthe original creator (Kev at  http://kevs-domain.net/) said this:

community is a social unit of any size that shares common values. Although embodied or face-to-face communities are usually small, larger or more extended communities such as a national community, international community and virtual community are also studied.

In human communities, intentbeliefresourcespreferencesneedsrisks, and a number of other conditions may be present and common, affecting the identity of the participants and their degree of cohesiveness.

Since the advent of the Internet, the concept of community has less geographical limitation, as people can now gather virtually in an online community and share common interests regardless of physical location. Prior to the internet, virtual communities (like social or academic organizations) were far more limited by the constraints of available communication and transportation technologies.

One broad definition which incorporates all the different forms of community is “a group or network of persons who are connected (objectively) to each other by relatively durable social relations that extend beyond immediate genealogical ties, and who mutually define that relationship (subjectively) as important to their social identity and social practice”

I am deeply touched to receive this award, as it speaks strongly to my feeling of Community in the Blogosphere, and to the friends I have made here at WordPress and beyond.  As those of you who regularly visit my blog know, I do care deeply for all humanity, and for the spiritual well-being and the peace of the Earth which we share, which makes this award precious to me.

CommunityHeart

I am not aware of any rules associated with this award, but I would like to nominate the following wonderful blogs, each of whom shows a caring heart for the community:

1.  Cassidy Frazee
  13. ScrapperJude Designs
  14. MsTranquility
  15. Chess
  16. Inavukic

33 thoughts on ““Community Heart Award” for Bloggers Who Care

1. mihrank says:

Congratulations and well deserved!

2. cindy knoke says:

I am honored by your thoughtfulness and being included in a group of such admirable blogging friends. Thank you my friend and hugz too~

3. Chess says:

Congratulations, you most certainly deserve this 🙂

4. E.D. says:

thank so so much. It is lovely. I am not really an award person, but this one says something important and to my heart… Also glad you received this award for your thoughtfulness in blogoshere. Not many like you around, dare I say.. fondly eve.

5. Jackie Saulmon Ramirez says:

Congratulations to you, Barb, they couldn’t have picked anyone better than you! And, thank you for the honor, I am deeply humbled.

6. Congratulations Barbara! This award and the message that accompanies it is a wonderful and fitting reflection of what you do. I am very pleased to be included in this group, thank you so much.

7. Kev says:

Great post! I like your in-depth analysis of what a community is. Very well done. 🙂 The award is well-deserved.

8. inavukic says:

Such happiness pours from being a part of blogger community. Thank you, Barbara 🙂

9. mihrank says:

congratulations for all those who were included in this group. I am shocked!!

10. quiall says:

Thank you my friend.

11. RoSy says:

CONGRATS! 🙂
    You are so very deserving of this Barbara.
    {Hugs}

12. Congratulations Barbara.Your blog is always great and as I’ve said,I find great new blogs by visiting yours because you post many reblogs. I appreciate your work very much. Thank you also for counting me among the honors of nominations.I will continue to do my best to promote peace and tolerance and acceptance and also share the awards. Blessings friend and big hugs.
    ~ Eric

13. Sunshine says:

Congrats to you my dear and thank you so much for awarding me!

14. Thank you so much dear Barbara:)

15. […] fellow blogger Barbara, who has the blog Idealistic Rebel, has nominated me to the Community Heart Award. About the award the creator has […]

16. Heartafire says:

splendid! Well deserved.

17. […] have been nominated for this wonderful award by a lovely lady, Idealistic Rebel or Barbara as she is known. This lady is a fighter and advocate in every way, shape and form. She […]

18. Congratulation to all the nominees. A great honor. Hugs, Barbara