Thanks to HuntForTruth for nominating me for this lovely award. Marlyn Suarez-Exconde’s new award celebrates those of us who love art, and I appreciate very much that Eric thinks I am deserving of this. I am very pleased that my love for art has come through in my blogs, in addition to the passions I have for justice and women’s rights.
I am an artist — I’ve been a photographer for many years, and began painting 5 years ago, now. I’ve also come to view my blog as another form of art, at the urging of my fellow bloggers, so this award is very special to me.
Rules for the acceptance of this award:
- Along with the acceptance of the PFAB Award please post anything that would express your love for art, it may be in a form of a painting, a photograph, an illustration, a poem or essay, anything done for the love of art.
- Choose 6 bloggers who should merit the said award.
- Notify the deserving bloggers of the award, let them know the rules.
- Acknowledge the presenter of this award by linking back.
- Pin the Ajay-inspired badge on your blog.
In keeping with the Rules, I am posting a painting I did of a courtyard in New Orleans:
French Quarter, New Orleans (copyright Barbara Mattio, 2010)