Another Mass Shooting

Lady Liberty and America remain strong

Lady Liberty and America remain strong

Once again I sit here at my desk listening for hours to yet another mass shooting. It took place at the Pentagon this morning. One shooter is dead and there are dead victims. It would be easy for us to give into hopelessness due to this continuing tragedy.

I am sick to my stomach at how easily angry or mentally ill people can get weapons and ammo. I believe that these people want to be the instruments to kill the spirit of America. We have always been tough and persistant as a nation.

We must remain strong and calm. We must not give in to despair or hopelessness. We have taken hits but I believe America can come back positive and strong. We need to believe in ourselves and the basic goodness in people.

The Pentagon was the stage for a mass shooting today.

The Pentagon was the stage for a mass shooting today.

Aaron Alexis was the shooter and perhaps had a partner. One shooter is at large. One Washington police officer was shot in the leg. Alexis is dead.  Only seven minutes passed before the police arrived. This is pretty amazing. At the moment, thirteen are dead.

For those of us who cherish peace, I ask you to pray for the doctors and nurses taking care of people. I ask for positive prayers to ascend to the heavens. We can find a way to stop the hatred and violence. We can put gun control into place. We can give support to families and friends. We can report suspicious people that we might see.

We have had another shooting.

We have had another shooting.

This is another opportunity to speak out, to write to Congress and say:  STOP IT.  We do not need to allow these mass shootings to continue.

May peace fill our hearts
May gentleness encircle us
May kindness carry more weight for us
than violence.
Please give us compassionate peace,
and allow us to succeed. —BMattio

Let every heart be filled with peace and compassion for others.

Let every heart be filled with peace and compassion for others.

15 thoughts on “Another Mass Shooting

1. toemailer says:

Terrible, it happens way too often now.

So very well said, my friend. These are so senseless!!! I don’t understand … the gun control issue has to be addressed. It doesn’t mean to take guns away …. it means to make sure that they end in the right hands.
    Senseless, senseless ….. maybe that’s a way of the Universe cleansing itself. It seems to be out of our hands.

Reblog: http://hrexach.wordpress.com/

Another senseless one!!! SMH … 😦

Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat™.

Just wondering … is this another one? Or are you referring to the one at the navy yard in DC? Noticed that it said the Pentagon …. wonder!!

6. inavukic says:

It is just awful. Heard about it here in Sydney Australia driving to work this morning. My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones

7. Colline says:

There is something wrong with a society in which this happens so frequently. Controlling gun use may help but it may go even deeper than that.

8. cherylfoston says:

Sad! Sad! Sad! Another senseless killing. I agree with idealistic rebel, we need to pray for us…all of us!