Much thanks to Megan Elizabeth for nominating for this award. It is always an honor and very humbling to be nominated, particularly for this award.
The philosophy behind the award:
“When you consider nominating a fellow blogger for the Versatile Blogger Award, consider the quality of the writing, the uniqueness of the subjects covered, the level of love displayed in the words on the virtual page. Or, of course, the quality of the photographs and the level of love displayed in the taking of them. Honor those bloggers who bring something special to your life whether every day or only now and then!”
Here’s the rules:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
7 Things about me:
- I am cold. I am always cold. I never took the thermal blanket off my bed, all summer long.
- I was born with jet black hair, and now I’m a blond — by choice! (Total vanity, I admit)
- I love to read poetry and I love bloggers who write poetry, but I do not write any poetry myself
- My very favorite place to visit is the French Quarter in New Orleans. I love the sights, the smells and the tastes of the neighborhoods. I find it stimulating and exhilarating
- My late husband once said that I had more dichotomies within me than any other human being he ever met. It was actually a compliment!
- I love music, most kinds of music. I love classic rock, blues & jazz, zydeco, ballet & opera, classical, new age, pop, and thanks to my 9 grand children, hip hop (sometimes)
- Even though I did not become a feminist until the 1970’s, as a child I was very aware of the injustice and hypocrisy in the world, and I loathed it. Always. Still do.
My 15 nominations for wonderful, Versatile Bloggers I cannot get enough of:
- Dr. Rex
- Hunt for Truth
- Petrel 41
- Crowing Crone Joss
- Modern Philosopher
- Jane Thorne
- D. Parker
- Hit & Run
- Dani Lynn
- The Fifth Column
There are so many WONDERFUL Bloggers in my WordPress Family, and I wish I could give you ALL an award today because you are bright and funny and talented and dedicated and supportive and loyal and passionate. Perhaps someday…
Thank you. I appreciate your support. Hugs, Barbara
I nominated you also. You deserve it and more. Hugs, Barbara
Thank you so much. Hugs, Barbara
I am beyond flattered! Thank you so much for the nomination 🙂 You most certainly deserve this honor, (and many others). Peace to you . . .
And to you my friend. Hugs, Barbara
Thank you so much, Barbara. Honoured 😀
wow – congratulations on winning the award, well deserved. It’s amazing who was nominated and been eliminated.
Barbara, thank you so much. Well deserved for you my lovely. I am touched and honoured that you gifted me this award too. Time dictates that I flow gratitude to you for this, but I am unable to pass it on right now. ❤ Hugs for you. X
Reblogged this on It Is What It Is and commented:
Thanks so much for the honor!! Appreciate it … humbled!!
Found it!! Thanks so much …. humbled!! hugs …. ❤
I think we are funny my friend. It took work on both of our parts to get this done. LOL. We are a bit alike. Hugs and love, Barbara