Honoring the Blessing of Children

I may have mentioned my nine grandchildren before. From now on I will call them the grands. I have 3 elder grands, the twins, the baby grands and the monkey. He is the only one who lives in town and so I get to see him more often. I had him yesterday. A day filled with laughter and tag and a ball stuck in a tree and Star Wars. A day for us both to cherish.  My oldest grand is graduating Thursday, so I will be going for the festivities. I am so proud of him. His campus has been in lockdown several times in the last two years. No one has been hurt but the closeness of danger and evil is frightening. This is a part of my feelings about guns and the people who shoot others with them.

Children are so precious and people always say that they are strong and will get over anything that happens in childhood. In reality, we allow them to be scarred emotionally and mentally far too often. Some with therapy will work through it and lead a productive life. Some grow up with trust issues, or become rapists or serial killers. Some are batterers and pedophiles. We need to do a better job of protecting the children and encouraging them to fly and be all they can be and come back to the roost whenever they really need to.

Years ago, I found this poem and got it on little tee shirts for the grands that I had at that time. So, in honor of every child on our globe trying to grow up in a world we have filled with anger, hatred, danger, and stress; I give these words to them and to those people who are raising them or their parents.

A goal to ending violence, hatred and war

A goal to ending violence, hatred and war

17 thoughts on “Honoring the Blessing of Children

1. godtisx says:

FOUR? Is this LIVE? OMG!!!!!! Wooooow.

(I love how he’s such a child too, his dad is being so serious in the beginning and for him, it’s all fun. It’s so cute and absolutely typical but listen to him play!!!! Precious!!!!! Brilliant!!!! :))

Beautiful. 🙂

Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat.Com™.

• Thank you for the reblog. I felt today needed something uplifting and sweet. Hope you are having a good day. I am leaving Wednesday for NC and will be back June 5.

• Jueseppi B. says:

I would like to enlist your help with something if you believe you are

interested and can help a just cause. I am working with

freetheirp6.org and a-justcause.com, 2 organizations involved with

fighting a legal injustice done to 6 businessmen from Colorado. These

6 businessmen have been tried, convicted and imprisoned all because

they invented a software program the federal government and the

“big boys”, such as IBM, wanted. These 6 businessmen are now in

prison, snatched from family and their lives, for being brilliant and

following their American dream.

I am asking you to blog about this injustice done these 6 men. This

subject may be off topic from what you normally blog about. The

reality is this could happen yo you, me and anyone who stands up to

the United States Government and our corrupt judicial system. No

One Is Safe.

I have written a series of 3 post about this case found here:

happen-to-you/

I am asking that if you agree with this cause please use all or part of

this 3 blog post series. I’m not interested in you using my name, using

the name of TheObamaCrat™ or linking back to my blog. This is not

about personal recognition but about freeing these 6 men. PLEASE

feel free to copy & paste what you need from my blog post or from

the Free The 6 web site located here: freetheirp6.org. You can find

links to the original articles I used in my initial post here:

freetheirp6.org. The web site spearheading this project to free these

6 men is : a-justcause.com.

I thank you in advance for whatever help you can give us. If you decide this is not your fight or that it is outside the scope of your blog, I fully understand.
        No hard feelings & ♥ ❀ ✿ Namaste ❀ ✿ ♥

#FreeTheIRP6

Thank You.

• Hi.
        This really is outside of the scope of my blog, and I am really too busy at this time to do the kind of research that I feel will have to be done. I looked for other news stories, and cannot find anything more about it, and because I am getting to leave I cannot do the independent research necessary for posting.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, though, and I may well do additional research when I come back.

Barbatra

• Jueseppi B. says:

I understand fully. Don’t worry about it, the note was sent to all bloggers I follow. Enjoy your trip. Be safe.

• I hope you understand and when I get back I can find more info. I will try to support but with doctor’s appt. and packing, I am a little crazy. Hugs, Barbara

• Jueseppi B. says:

Have a safe trip. 😉

3. So true. Beautiful post. I love the background picture you have up now with the 2 children together.

4. OMG just watched the video. I think I know in which body Mozart came back around in!

5. Linne says:

Thank you so much! That was inspiring to hear. ~ Linne

6. pujakins says:

Lovely and true. May you always shine your light so purely. Hugs and Blessings, Tasha

7. Emma Lewis says:

This is very thought-provoking and the more you think about it the more true it is! I am going to save this and share with colleagues (it’s Child’s Month in Jamaica…)

8. tersiaburger says:

Great post – as always Rebel!!

• thank you. I hope you are doing ok. I will be away in North Carolina till June 5. I will try to blog while gone but not sure. Take good care of yourself. Hugs, Barbara