It was 54 degrees today and tomorrow it will be 60 degrees. I am so excited. You can almost feel Ole Man Winter losing his grip on the Earth and on our souls. We are tired of the cold and the gray days. We are tired of the ache in our bones. So we look, we look for every sign that spring in nearing. The geese have returned and I heard birds singing today. I though I would show you some photos of the beginning of Winter losing its grip.
Vermillion beach. The lake is beginning to thaw farther out.
Sunset at the beach
Since Vermillion sits on Lake Erie, there are many streets but some people have waterways which freeze in winter.
All Photography copyrighted by Barbara Mattio 2013
Thank you, Carolyn Hughes – The Hurt Healer for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award! I so appreciate your blog and the nomination. I recommend that everyone take a look at her blog. You will find a loving, healing message there that never fails to uplift me.
The rules for the Versatile Blogger Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who gave you this award and include a link to their blog.
- Select 13 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 13 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So, the 7 things about me are:
1. My blog is called IdealistRebel because that is an accurate description of me
2. I have been a rebel my whole life
3. My favourite flowers are Irises and Roses
4. My favourite colour is red
5. Immersing myself in Art fills my spirit with love and beauty
6. I love all forms of music, except Country and Rap. (No offense)
7. My greatest experience has been dancing on a mountaintop with women from around the country, dancing and chanting in the light of the full moon.