Stop the Violence. Stop the Wars

We can live in peace on this planet. We can move beyond hate and fear of differences to love and acceptance.

Well, we have a cease-fire. It has been violated but it is still a cease-fire. I pray for all of the people who have been injured or killed. I pray for those who have lost family and friends. The problem is this cease-fire is not peace. It could erupt any time and the horror would start all over again.

Now the Egyptian Prime Minister has declared he has absolute power for the next six months. What is going on? It seems as if we are as a species going quite out of our minds. The Egyptian people are protesting and I understand that. It is their God given right to speak up against this madness. My heart is with them and hopes that the protests will let the government understand they can’t steal power from the people.

I read a quote today, It was, “Don’t shoot. I want to grow up.” What could be a clearer message to the people of the world than the simple voice of a child declaring what he wants? I would add that we have an obligation to help children grow up without hatred and violence. To have a healthy safe world to grow up in.

We don’t know, which child lost in the recent attacks between Hamas and Israel, might have grown up to be another Abraham, or Einstein or another Ghandi. We might be killing the person who could bring permanent peace to this One Planet we all share. Think about the bottom line, think about what we are robbing the world of. Then remember, we are all responsible to promote peace wherever we are. Blessings to all.

Make music, make love, make solutions; not war.

22 thoughts on “Stop the Violence. Stop the Wars

Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat.Com™ and commented:
    Good post Ms. Barbara. Hope your family & you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2. I love this post!!! And the photos are spectacular. Thank you so much for this powerful and urgent plea. I join with you!

3. Sandra C. says:

i love the picture also !!! thank you for this beautiful post and have a happy thanksgiving ! i love this tradition , best regards from france!

4. tersiaburger says:

I have spent a lot of time in the Middle East, in particular Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Afghanistan. The majority of people are ordinary, honest, simple living people with beautiful traditions. The Afghan people are hardworking and honest. The Yemeni are the most hospitable nation in the world. What spoils life for them and the rest of the world is religion. Millions of people have been killed in the name of God/Allah. How sad… across the world we are taught that God is love… People turn God into wars….

5. Reblogged this on Spiritual challenges and commented:
    brilliant post Dear my friend ,you have my recommendation -have nice day !with love maxima

6. saymber says:

Emphatically YESH!!!! Reblogged!

7. saymber says:

Reblogged this on saymberblondi and commented:
    I believe this too!

8. Thank you for this post! Great post! I shared it on my Twitter and FB pages!

Sincerely,
    Arlen

You’ve been given the blog of the year award. Hope you like and accept awards, if not, nevermind this comment.

Blog Of The Year Award Winners: Some Blogs You Should Follow.

10. Jas Baku says:

“Don’t shoot. I want to grow up.” Is a good quote, thanks for sharing. It’s sad that the people of these countries don’t want war, but are suffering because their governments do. So yes, we must keep praying for a peace that one day must surely come.

11. i love your posts, but i like this one more than the others, so i read it all over again. lista de emails lista de emails lista de emails lista de emails lista de emails