Glimpses of Autumn

Blue Ridge Mountains, NC Photo by Barbara Mattio

” There are countless paths to the mountain’s summit. Yet from it the same moon pours radiance over the landscape.”
—-Ikkyu

Blue Ridge Mountains, NC Photo by Barbara Mattio

Entering the forest he moves not the grass; entering the water he does not make a ripple.”

Niagara Falls, Ontario Photo by Barbara Mattio

“It is deep autumn. What kind of life is my neighbors I wonder…”

Niagara Falls, Ontario Photo by Barbara Mattio

” One day a monk spoke bitterly to the Buddha about the unbearable sorrows of the world. The Buddha remained silent. Then he pointed at the earth between his feet, and said: ” On this earth I have attained awakening.”
Splendor of the World….no Why.

All quotes excerpted from Zen Seeing, Zen Drawing

Emerald necklace parks, Ohio Photo by Barbara Mattio

Lake Erie Islands, Lake Erie, Photo by Barbara Mattio

” Wherever you are is home
And the earth is paradise
Wherever you set your feet is holy land…
You don’t live off it like a parasite.
You live in it, and it in you,
Or you don’t survive.
And that is the only worship of God there is.”

——-Wilfred Pelletier and Ted Poole

Chautuaqua Institute, NY Photo by Barbara Mattio

10 thoughts on “Glimpses of Autumn

Reblogged this on The ObamaCrat.Com™ and commented:
    Love these photos. Beauty is all around us if we only open our eyes and see. Thank you Ms. Barbara.

2. andy1076 says:

Reblogged this on My story to you.. and commented:
    Beautiful :)

3. Lori DiNardi says:

Awesome. I don’t get to experience the fall where I live (Florida). I got away for two weeks to visit family back home (Chicago), and recorded the memory with tons of photos of the fall colors. Thanks for sharing these. In case you’d like to check them out, here are mine.

4. Beautiful photos – thanks for sharing the beauty and colors! Happy Friday:)

5. You have been busy keep up the reblogging and connecting us with the Earth all at the same time. We need both and I am grateful.

• barbaramattio says:

Thank you, I am also selfishly keeping myself connected at the same time! I had a spiritual teacher once who taught me much and this was one of the truths he taught me. The teacher learns more form the students than the students do from the teacher. Hugs, Barbara